5-Minute Breakfast – Eggs with Tomato Chickpeas
This incredibly healthy breakfast is surprisingly easy to pull together. You’ll get 19.5g of protein, 5g of fibre and 1-2 serves of veg before you’ve even left for work…
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 x 400g tin of chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup your favourite leafy greens (e.g. Baby spinach, rocket…) (optional)
- 1-2 tablesppons hummus (optional)
- 1 tablespoon herbs (use a mix of what you have/love. I used 1 tsp paprika, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1 tsp harrisa powder, 1 tsp chilli flakes)
- 1.Eat a large and a small fry pan on the stove top to med-high. Split oil between the two pans.
- 2.Once hot, add chickpeas to large pan. Meanwhile, crack eggs into the small pan.
- 3.Return to the large pan and add tomatoes and herbs to chickpeas. Sautee for 3 minutes until heated through.
- 4.Serve with leafy greens (if you have) and/or a dollop of hummus or fermented veg (optional). Add salt and pepper to taste and enjoy.