Crispy Brussel Sprout 'Chips'
My husband loves anything crispy and crunchy and salty. He likes Brussel Sprouts but his feedback is usually the same: "It tastes nice but it's not crunchy enough!".
Determined to get him crispy bits, I knew what I needed to do.
Introducing the Brussel Chip!
This healthy recipe may not look amazing in photos, but it tastes better than it looks. I think it's better than Kale chips but I'll let you decide!
This Brussel Sprout 'chip' recipe is so simple, I almost feel bad sharing this as a 'recipe'. But it didn't feel right NOT sharing this hack with you. So here goes...
This healthy side is perfect for anyone who loves veggies crispified - not fried ;)
Crispy Brussel Sprout Crisps
- Serves 2
- Prep time 5 mins
- Cooking time 10 mins
- Very easy!
- 6-8 brussel sprouts
- 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat oven to 180c/355f.
- Trim the brussel stem to separate and remove the leaves. Place leaves in a small bowl. TIP: As you get closer into the middle, chop a little more stem to get the most leaves. I chop up the remaining inner bits and add to the mix. They won't crisp like the leaves but they do still taste delicious.
- Once you've removed as many leaves as possible, add oil, sprinkle with salt and chilli and toss well. I use my hands to make sure the leaves are coated.
- Place leaves on lined baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until crispy. Enjoy!