Tapas-Style Garlic Mushrooms
We love these garlic mushrooms because they are so easy!
Luckily for us, the popular Spanish chef Miguel Maestre is now the ambassador for Australian Mushrooms and is sharing his top tips and hacks. I'm delighted to share this wickedly good (and healthy) Australian Mushrooms recipe with you.
It's a delicious side, perfect on sourdough or great for your tapas table ;)
Healthy recipe - Plant-based - Vegetarian - Gluten Free - Dairy Free - Nut Free - Sugar Free - Vegan - Paleo - LCHF - Good for Diabetes - Heart Healthy - Parev
Tapas Style Garlic Mushrooms
- Prep time 5 minutes
- cooking time 10 minutes
- Serves 2 as a side dish
- Very easy
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250g button mushrooms, cleaned
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Aioli and lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms for 5 minutes, tossing the pan regularly.
- Add the garlic, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and cook for a further 1-2 minutes or until golden, tossing the pan regularly. Toss through the parsley to combine.
- Serve the mushrooms with aioli and lemon wedges.
Fun food facts!
- Mushrooms exposed to sunlight naturally generate vitamin D. Just 100g of mushrooms in the winter sun for an hour will generate your daily needs of vitamin D!
- Vitamin D deficiency is really common in Australia and it's important to get enough for a happier mood and stronger bones.