Healthy Banana Bread
Love the smell of freshly baked banana bread? Me too!
Most banana breads from cafes are closer to dessert than "bread", however, this banana bread recipe (created by the talented Melissa Eaton) is far healthier for you.
This healthy banana bread recipe uses oats and almond meal so it's less refined and uses honey and extra virgin olive oil.
It's certainly healthy but banana bread is still banana bread whereas a fresh banana is a great everyday choice.
Healthy Banana Bread
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 - 45 minutes
- 1 cup oats blended into a flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 Tbs ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 small/2 medium bananas (280g/10oz)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180˚C./365F. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Mash banana in separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to banana and mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into baking loaf tin approximately 10 x 5 inch.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Want a simple, yet healthier lasagne without the fuss? This healthy lasagne is the best comfort food. It’ll help you eat healthily on a budget and it’s vegetarian, so it’s perfect for meat-free Monday.
My mum makes the BEST Thai Corn Soup. I turned it into a healthy version that doesn’t compromise on flavour. This healthy recipe is great for meal prep, if you’re on a budget or love meat-free Mondays.
A surprisingly quick and easy breakfast idea for a seriously healthy start to your day.
This super simple one tray salmon bake is a game-changer for mid-week meals.
This one-tray balsamic chicken is a perfectly balanced meal to make for a mid-week dinner (or meal prep)!
This Loaded Greek Salad is one of my favourite recipes. It uses everyday ingredients to create something really special... in a matter of minutes.
One pot and just a few key ingredients, this easy (and cheap!) recipe will create a delicious meal. Make it for Meat-free Monday and you'll have plenty of leftovers to enjoy throughout the week.
A delicious 4-ingredient treat. I pretty much just took the yummiest ingredients and blitzed them up into a recipe. How could it not be good?
This is an easy, classic and oh-so-delicious salad recipe to add to your repertoire. It's perfect for meal prep...!
With only four ingredients, this simple salad is perfect for mid-week meals (or entertaining).