Healthy Banana Bread
Love the smell of freshly baked banana bread? Me too!
Most banana breads from cafes are closer to dessert than "bread", however, this banana bread recipe (created by the talented Melissa Eaton) is far healthier for you.
This healthy banana bread recipe uses oats and almond meal so it's less refined and uses honey and extra virgin olive oil.
It's certainly healthy but banana bread is still banana bread whereas a fresh banana is a great everyday choice.
Healthy Banana Bread
- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 40 - 45 minutes
- 1 cup oats blended into a flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 Tbs ground flax seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 small/2 medium bananas (280g/10oz)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence/extract (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180˚C./365F. Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and mix until combined.
- Mash banana in separate bowl. Add wet ingredients to banana and mix until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into baking loaf tin approximately 10 x 5 inch.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Here’s a quick and easy midweek dinner option. I’ve snuck vegetables into these delicious patties so they’re a fabulous for lowering your grocery bill and boosting your health by eating less meat.
This soup is seriously delicious and simple recipe. Perfect for meal prep or mid-week dinners.
This is comfort food made healthy! It's rich, it's creamy and also loaded with six sneaky serves of vegetables - making it ideal for kids and adults alike.
Warning: You're going to want to eat the entire tray of these crispy sweet potato curly fries. Good thing they’re healthy and easy to make!
Mornings just got a whole lot more cosy and tasty with this 5-minute breakfast. Perfect breakfast for cold mornings.
Finally! A delicious smoothie recipe that easy to make AND keeps me full for hours. I’ve been waiting for you a long time…
No time to cook? Make dinner great again with this 20 minute super-simple recipe. Faster and more convenient than takeaway. But the best bit? Minimal cleaning up.
Want a simple, yet healthier lasagne without the fuss? This healthy lasagne is the best comfort food. It’ll help you eat healthily on a budget and it’s vegetarian, so it’s perfect for meat-free Monday.
My mum makes the BEST Thai Corn Soup. I turned it into a healthy version that doesn’t compromise on flavour. This healthy recipe is great for meal prep, if you’re on a budget or love meat-free Mondays.
A surprisingly quick and easy breakfast idea for a seriously healthy start to your day.