Healthy Vegetable Soup
Now that winter has come, it's perfect soup season. Soups are filling and most definitely the healthiest form of comfort food! There is only a dash of extra virgin olive oil (the healthy kind of fat!), loads of vegetables and a tin of legumes for extra fibre and fullness.
This recipe is easy to make, tastes great and is really healthy.
Healthy Vegetables Soup Recipe // The Nude Nutritionist
10 min prep | 30 min cooking | Serves 4-6
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 to 3 crushed cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (I used the Cobram Estate garlic infused extra virgin olive oil which is also FODMAP friendly. If you don't have garlic infused EVOO, normal is perfect too).
- 600g of mixed chopped vegetables (I used carrot, zucchini, celery, potato and butternut squash. Use whatever veg is in season like leeks, sweet potato, peas etc.)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 750ml vegetable stock (or 2 tbsp of veg stock paste with 750ml water)
- 1 tin of borlotti beans (or legumes of your choice)
- Parmesan cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
In a soup pot, sauté brown onion, garlic with garlic Extra Virgin Olive Oil on a medium heat for about 3 minutes.
Add mixed chopped vegetables. Mix through, then add tomato paste, vegetable stock and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add a tin of borlotti beans and cook for another 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
Finish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese, fresh basil and pepper.