Salmon + Quinoa Breakfast Bowl
Make your breakfasts count with this delicious salmon quinoa breakfast bowl. With healthy fats, fibre and stack loads of antioxidants, with this healthy breakfast option, you'll stay fuller and energised for longer.
Salmon is my favourite food and using a sustainable salmon is so important to me. That is why I've teamed up with the amazing family behind Huon Salmon to create this recipe. Enjoy!
Salmon + Quinoa Breakfast Bowl Recipe
Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 4 free-range eggs
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- Huon dukkah
- 200g Huon Salmon, Gin and Keffir Lime cured salmon
- ½ avocado
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Rinse ½ cup of quinoa under water to remove bitter flavour then add to a saucepan with 1 cup of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed about 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Boil eggs for 4 minutes until medium boiled. Place in cold water to cool and peel shell, and then roll in dukkah until coated.
- In each serving bowl, add 1 cup rocket, ½ cup quinoa, 2 eggs, ¼ avocado and Huon Gin and Keffir Lime cured salmon.
- Finish by dressing with a drizzle of olive oil, juice of lime (or lemon) and a pinch of salt.
- Alternatively, use pre-cooked quinoa and simply heat and add.
- Don't love quinoa? Use brown rice instead.
- Boil eggs at the beginning of the week to use in your breakfast – or simply sprinkle dukkah on your fried or scrambled eggs.
I love a quick, healthy recipe. And this One Tray Teriyaki Huon Salmon Recipe is my go-to healthy option when I come home from work (and I'm exhausted!) but still want to eat healthily. It couldn't be easier...
This barbqued cajun broccolini recipe is a winner. I love broccolini! It's one of my favourite vegetables. It's easy to barbeque, goes great in stir-fries and easy to blanch and add to salads.
Looking for a healthy breakfast option? This healthy bowl contains sauteed brocollini, caramelised tomatoes, creamy scrambled eggs and avocado with fresh greens. This healthy breakfast bowl will give you long-lasting energy help keep your gut healthy.
Need some healthy meal inspiration? My take on the French classic salad Niçoise (always a favourite of mine) is ideal for a healthy midweek work lunch or a light, yet balanced healthy dinner.
This fresh and crispy salad has so much flavour. I really love the dressing so I tend to double the recipe and keep the leftover in a jar for future salad adventures. Perfect for entertaining.
Sometimes, simple salads are the best salads like this delicious mix of avocado, heirloom tomatoes and fresh greens. This basic salad is an old-reliable. Use it as a base or simply serve and enjoy.
Need an easy and healthy 15-minute mid-week meal the whole family will enjoy? Serve the ingredients buffet style and let everyone make them own combination of burrito bowls.
I really love chocolate so for me, balance means keeping it on the menu. I love this healthier treat recipe because it includes some of my favourite things!
When I first made this recipe, I lay in bed that night dreaming about how good it was. This warm roast cauliflower and chickpea salad with tahini dressing is what dreams are made of...
These no-bake 3-ingredient chocolate 'brownies' are my current obsession and favourite sweet treat. This healthy, raw slice recipes also happens to be vegan, raw paleo sugar-freed sugar free.