The Avo Smash-Up
Avo smash is a classic Aussie favourite featuring beautiful Australian Avocados.
It's one my faves too and eggs on toast is just not the same without the avo (or is that just me? ;)
Good healthy fats, carbs and protein, what more could you want for a healthy breakie, easy snack or even a healthy lunch?
This recipe is super flavourful. Whack up a whole batch of smash for when you're eating on the go.
Love this recipe? you can grab this avo smash up at the Australian Avocado pop up in Sydney's Surry Hills for a limited time only.
The Avo Smash Up
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cooking: 5 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh herbs, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices wholemeal sourdough bread, toasted
- Cut avocado in half and remove the stone. Scoop out avocado flesh and place in a medium bowl. Reserve avocado shells.
- Add chopped herbs and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Use a fork to roughly smash.
- Spoon avocado mixture back into avocado shells. Use the back of the spoon to make a small indent in avocado mixture.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a gentle simmer and add vinegar. Carefully break 1 egg into a cup, then slide egg into water (see tip). Repeat with remaining egg. Gently simmer for 1-2 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft. Remove with a spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Carefully place poached eggs in indentations in avocado and sprinkle with extra dill. Serve with toast.
TIP: If you want you can use a spoon to create a whirlpool in the water and gently adds the eggs while the water is still spinning. This help the egg white bind together.
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
The perfect Summer BBQ salad to impress friends and family. Add this healthy recipe to your repertoire when you're next entertaining.
You're busy? Me too! So here is an easy and healthy mid-week Eggplant Parmigiana. You pretty much throw all the ingredients into a tray so it's kinda hard to mess up. Enjoy!
Easy, healthy, tasty... This healthy chocolate smoothie recipe is so filling and super convenient breakfast for busy mornings. It'll even help you sneak in a serve of greens.
You'll want oodles of these zoodles with this delicious creamy avocado dressing. Topped with flakey almonds, bright cherry tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese, I know you're going to love this healthy recipe.
When you make your own muesli or granola, it's often a lot healthier because you know exactly what goes into it. Try my homemade toasted muesli (granola) recipe for a healthier breakfast cereal.
This soup is so filling and healthy. I'll meal prep this recipe ahead of a busy week. It's a great way to get through veggies in the fridge and feed the family a really nourishing meal for less.
Tomatoes are at their best during Spring and Summer and this simple 4-ingredient Tomato and Feta Salad is a winner, especially for BBQ season. Swap the boring same-same salad for this simply wonderful dish.
This quick and easy overnight oats is wonderful for busy mornings. You can meal prep them on the weekend ahead of a busy week.
I'm so excited about this recipe. You should know up front that I can’t bake very well. I’m quite impatient, particularly when chocolate is involved. But even I could make this delicious Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe easily. It's so good!!!
Chocolate and Hazelnuts... two flavours that are meant for each other! This healthier version of a choc-hazelnut spread has only 4 ingredients, is super easy to make and did I mention it tastes amazing too?