The Avo Smash-Up
Avo smash is a classic Aussie favourite featuring beautiful Australian Avocados.
It's one my faves too and eggs on toast is just not the same without the avo (or is that just me? ;)
Good healthy fats, carbs and protein, what more could you want for a healthy breakie, easy snack or even a healthy lunch?
This recipe is super flavourful. Whack up a whole batch of smash for when you're eating on the go.
Love this recipe? you can grab this avo smash up at the Australian Avocado pop up in Sydney's Surry Hills for a limited time only.
The Avo Smash Up
- Prep: 5 minutes
- Cooking: 5 minutes
- Serves: 2
- 1 avocado
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh herbs, plus extra sprigs to garnish
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices wholemeal sourdough bread, toasted
- Cut avocado in half and remove the stone. Scoop out avocado flesh and place in a medium bowl. Reserve avocado shells.
- Add chopped herbs and lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Use a fork to roughly smash.
- Spoon avocado mixture back into avocado shells. Use the back of the spoon to make a small indent in avocado mixture.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a gentle simmer and add vinegar. Carefully break 1 egg into a cup, then slide egg into water (see tip). Repeat with remaining egg. Gently simmer for 1-2 minutes or until egg whites are set and yolks are still soft. Remove with a spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Carefully place poached eggs in indentations in avocado and sprinkle with extra dill. Serve with toast.
TIP: If you want you can use a spoon to create a whirlpool in the water and gently adds the eggs while the water is still spinning. This help the egg white bind together.
WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES?
Best. Healthy. Appetiser! Big call - I know - but this healthy appetiser is seriously great to take to a party. It’s got texture and flavour PLUS it’s super easy. My friends loved it. I bet your friends will too… Enjoy making this delicious recipe!
This quick and easy healthy dinner recipe is going to spice up your midweek meals. With a few basic, everyday ingredients and one-pan - you’ll pull together a delicious and healthy dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Here’s a quick and easy midweek dinner option. I’ve snuck vegetables into these delicious patties so they’re a fabulous for lowering your grocery bill and boosting your health by eating less meat.
This soup is seriously delicious and simple recipe. Perfect for meal prep or mid-week dinners.
This is comfort food made healthy! It's rich, it's creamy and also loaded with six sneaky serves of vegetables - making it ideal for kids and adults alike.
Warning: You're going to want to eat the entire tray of these crispy sweet potato curly fries. Good thing they’re healthy and easy to make!
Mornings just got a whole lot more cosy and tasty with this 5-minute breakfast. Perfect breakfast for cold mornings.
Finally! A delicious smoothie recipe that easy to make AND keeps me full for hours. I’ve been waiting for you a long time…
No time to cook? Make dinner great again with this 20 minute super-simple recipe. Faster and more convenient than takeaway. But the best bit? Minimal cleaning up.
Want a simple, yet healthier lasagne without the fuss? This healthy lasagne is the best comfort food. It’ll help you eat healthily on a budget and it’s vegetarian, so it’s perfect for meat-free Monday.