Spicy Chickpea Breakfast Bowl with Za'atar Eggs
Do you really eat 5 to 7+ serves of vegetables a day?
Most people struggle to get more than 1 or 2 serves a day and then wonder why they don't feel energetic, struggle to lose weight and go to the loo...
TIP: a serve of veg is about the size of your fist!
Eating more veg it's one of the simplest and easiest ways to get healthier - fast.
We all know we should be doing it but somehow, it doesn't seem as important as the brand of yoghurt we eat...
If there is one thing I think we should all be doing it is eating more veg.
It's easy to get caught up in nutrition confusion.
Before worrying about which yoghurt is the healthiest, first make sure you've got the basics right because that will make the biggest difference.
Add more vegetables to your diet with this 7-minute recipe. It's my personal favourite healthy breakfast.
Why this healthy recipe is so great for you!
- Legumes and wholegrains are a brilliant slow-burning, high-fibre carb source. I often toss legumes like chickpeas into casseroles, soups and salads - or to my breakfasts. Why not try it too..
- The eggs are affordable and a great source of protein and eating them doesn't increase your cholesterol!
- Tahini is a great source of plant-based healthy fats, stays in the fridge for ages and it's only made of one ingredient: sesame seeds.
- Oh. So. Tasty! Nourishment is more than just nutrients. Foods gotta taste good to be healthy for body - and soul ;)
Healthy recipe - Sugar-free - Gluten-free - Nut-free - Good for Diabetes - Heart Healthy - High Fibre - Low GI - Mood Boosting - Good for Gut - High Protein - Antioxidants - Healthy breakfast recipe - Healthy Vegetarian Recipe - Dairy-free
Spicy Chickpea Breakfast Bowl with Za'atar Eggs
- Serves 1 for a healthy breakfast
- Cooking time 7 mins
- Very easy
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 tin of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle of chilli powder
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- Za'atar (middle eastern spice often available in supermarkets)
- 1/2 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of tahini (available in health food aisle)
- Heat small fry-pan on med to high. Add 1 teaspoon of EVOO. Break in eggs and scramble until cooked. Add to small serving bowl.
- Return fry-pan to heat. Add 1 teaspoon of EVOO and add chickpeas, paprika and chilli powder (I add a sprinkle but add more if you like). Mix chickpeas until heated through then add to serving bowl.
- Return fry-pan to heat and add spinach. Cook for 30 seconds or until slightly wilted, then add to serving bowl.
- Serve with cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle eggs with za'atar, drizzle the tahini onto the chickpeas and finish the dish with salt and pepper. Enjoy!
- I use extra virgin olive oil in my recipes. Highly quality EVOO is healthy to cook with even at high temps. Make sure it's 'extra virgin' and use within 6 months of opening as lots of the healthy antioxidants will be lost after this time.
- Add the remaining chickpeas to your salad or dinner! - or eat as a snack like me!
- You can soak your own chickpeas (I'd recommend it!) but I haven't gotten into that healthy habit just yet. I also rinse my chickpeas well and make sure I buy local rather than imported.
- Don't worry about wiping down the fry pan between foods. It adds flavour and is much easier to just keep going, even if there is residue.
SHARE IT! Did you try this at home? I want to know about it! Please tag me on Instagram as I'd love to see your creation.
This quick and easy healthy dinner recipe is going to spice up your midweek meals. With a few basic, everyday ingredients and one-pan - you’ll pull together a delicious and healthy dinner the whole family will enjoy.
Here’s a quick and easy midweek dinner option. I’ve snuck vegetables into these delicious patties so they’re a fabulous for lowering your grocery bill and boosting your health by eating less meat.
This soup is seriously delicious and simple recipe. Perfect for meal prep or mid-week dinners.
This is comfort food made healthy! It's rich, it's creamy and also loaded with six sneaky serves of vegetables - making it ideal for kids and adults alike.
Warning: You're going to want to eat the entire tray of these crispy sweet potato curly fries. Good thing they’re healthy and easy to make!
Mornings just got a whole lot more cosy and tasty with this 5-minute breakfast. Perfect breakfast for cold mornings.
Finally! A delicious smoothie recipe that easy to make AND keeps me full for hours. I’ve been waiting for you a long time…
No time to cook? Make dinner great again with this 20 minute super-simple recipe. Faster and more convenient than takeaway. But the best bit? Minimal cleaning up.
Want a simple, yet healthier lasagne without the fuss? This healthy lasagne is the best comfort food. It’ll help you eat healthily on a budget and it’s vegetarian, so it’s perfect for meat-free Monday.
My mum makes the BEST Thai Corn Soup. I turned it into a healthy version that doesn’t compromise on flavour. This healthy recipe is great for meal prep, if you’re on a budget or love meat-free Mondays.
Looking for a new swimsuit that makes you feel good? Here are some of the best one-piece and bikini swimsuit brands in 2018.
Follow these 3 steps to boost your body image, without deleting Instagram. Transform social media from comparison trap to a confidence booster.
Some Instagram accounts can help you love your body. Here’s the BEST 12 body positive Instagram accounts that can boost body positivity.
There’s a simple reason why you don’t feel full after smoothies + how one small tweak can make the difference.
Here are 6 things you can do to stop feeling fat.
There are few very important things to keep in mind if you want to teach your children how to have a healthy relationship with food.
How many years have you wasted hating your body and wishing you looked like someone else? If you feel unhappy with your body and hate your weight, it’s time for a change.
I'm not sure why it's called the 'health' food aisle...
I used to hate my body (I mean like really hate my body). But now I love my body, something I never thought was possible! So, how do you go from hating your body to loving your body? Here’s 15 ways how I learned to love my body and be body confident.
I travel as much as I can, hopping on a plane about once a month. Here’s how I stay healthy when I travel.