Teriyaki Salmon Bowl
This sticky marinade is seriously good with a beautiful, fresh piece of fish.
I personally don't think it gets yummier than teriyaki salmon so I decided to make my own recipe with only a few ingredients.
The healthy fats from the salmon and fibre from the veg are great for helping to stabilise your mood. Hello happy food!
You can add whatever vegetables you like to this bowl. I normally use whatever veg is in the fridge - or throw in half a tin of beans like chickpeas (one of the best foods to eat for avoiding constipation).
I hope you enjoy this! It's one of my favourites. Perhaps you could make it tonight for a healthy dinner?
Salmon Teriyaki Bowl 🐟
- Serves 2
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cooking time 8 minutes
- Very easy
- 2 x 125g fillets of salmon (I use Huon Salmon)
- 2cm grated ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce (or Tamari)
- 2 tablespoons local honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of mirin (rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, mix ginger, garlic, soy sauce, honey, extra virgin olive oil and mirin. Put some marinade aside for the veggies.
- Place fresh salmon fillets to mix. Marinade for 5 minutes but even longer is better!
- Cook skin down on the BBQ (or in a fry pan) on medium high for 3-4 minutes. Flip gently and repeat. You may want to toss broccolini in the marinade and add that to the BBQ too!
- Remove salmon from heat. Place in a serving bowl with your favourite vegetables* or wholegrains. Pour remaining marinade on veg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, fresh herbs (try shallots and coriander) and enjoy!
Complete the bowl!
- Use can whatever vegetables* are in the fridge - Almost anything goes! I used shredded red cabbage, carrot noodles, broccolini, coriander, 1/4 avocado, and 1/2 tin of chickpeas. I also added a dollop of tahini :)
- Almost any other vegetables would be great to add! Try sweet potato, brussel sprouts, beans, cauliflower, pumpkin, leafy greens, sprouts or baked carrot.