Turmeric Baked Cauliflower
I've always loved cauliflower! I love how it holds onto all the flavourful ingredients you add and goes crispy in the oven when baked. It's one of my favourite vegetables - fo sho.
One of the recipes Guy demonstrated was this delicious Turmeric Baked Cauliflower. It's one of those recipes that you'll like even if you don't like cauliflower... And great way to eat more vegetables, which is think is one of the most important things we can do for our health.
The good folk at Tasman Sea Salt and Guy Turland were happy to share this recipe for us to enjoy and recreate at home. Happy eating!
Turmeric Baked Cauliflower Recipe
4 people | 30 minutes
- ½ cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 cm ginger, sliced
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil*
- ½ Tsp dried chili
- 1 lemon, rind & juice
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs almonds, toasted
- 2 Tbs yogurt
- Tasman Sea Salt & Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. In bowl toss cauliflower, ginger, chilli, orange rind, garlic and coconut oil mix till coated.
3. Then add turmeric powder, season with salt and pepper mix and bake for 30 minutes till tender.
4. Deglaze tray with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and a handful of herbs, serve warm with grated almonds and grated egg yolk.
Shaving egg yolk onto your dish is an awesome way to add some healthy fats and protein. Did I mention it tastes delicious too and add a creaminess to any dish?
The original recipe called for coconut oil but I prefer to cook with high-quality Extra Virgin olive oil which is stable at high temperatures.
To make the recipe even simpler, you can skip the almonds and egg and eat the cauliflower straight from the oven.
Tasman Sea Salt is produced in Australia. It's naturally got lower sodium content and high potassium. Compared to Himalayan pink salt that is imported and schleped across the world, I much prefer Tasman Sea Salt.