print recipeMain Meals
15-minute Low GI Fried Rice
All you need is some cooked low GI rice, a few key ingredients and one fry pan to pull together this healthy, tasty meal in 15 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion
- 400g chicken stir-fry strips
- 1 cup SunRice Low GI white rice (cooked)
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 cups peas, corn and carrot mix (frozen)
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1.Peel onion. Chop onion and cauliflower by hand or blitz in a food processor until coarsely chopped. Heat oil in a large frying pan. Once hot, add onion and cauliflower and cook for 3 minutes.
- 2.Add chicken to the fry pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 3.Add peas, corn, carrot, rice, soy sauce and fish sauce to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4.Crack the eggs into the frypan and stir until egg is cooked (around 1-2 minutes). Serve with toasted crushed peanuts or sesame seeds as garnish.