This healthy breakfast option can give you superpowers. Ok. Not really. Not even close.
But it can give you:
- longer lasting energy (goodbye mid-morning slump)
- a more stable mood
- better brain power for better productivity
- stabilised blood sugar and hormone levels
- regular bowel movements (no more straining)
- a healthier gut thanks to…
- plenty of prebiotics (aka. food for probiotics, helping you grow good gut bacteria)
- heaps of antioxidants to boost immunity, slow aging…
- Lycopene, a powerful antioxidant found in tomatoes that may help prevent cancer and heart disease. Wow.
If you’re hungry for it, you can enjoy this with a piece of grainy, sourdough toast, some brown rice, chickpeas or quinoa.
If you ate this healthy breakfast every day, you’d soon feel amazing and you’d never need to cleanse, detox or diet. It’s high-protein, contains healthy fats and is loaded with fibre.
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1 bunch of Broccolini (get ‘Broccolini‘, not just baby broccoli – which is woody and not as good)
- 1 punnet of tomato medley mix, chopped
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 free range eggs (Look for low stocking density. These are 200 hens per hectare)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1 cup of baby spinach leaves
- Fresh chopped herbs – I used cilantro/coriander (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 1.Heat fry pan on med-high with 2 tsp of oil. Slice Brocollini on an angle (horizontally) into bite-size pieces and add to pan with red onion. Saute for 2 mins then remove from heat.
- 2.Add tomatoes to fry pan with balsamic vinegar. Saute for 1-2 mins then remove from heat.
- 3.Wipe down pan with paper towel (optional). Add 2 tsp oil and eggs and stir till scrambled.
- 4.Arrange all ingredients in two bowls. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy.