This salad is perfect for a healthy lunch or healthy dinner.
I devoured mine today as a healthy work lunch though my mum will often make a big Salade Nicoise for Sunday lunch. Complimented perfectly with a glass of rosè! 😉
- 4 free range eggs
- 400g tuna in oil, drained
- 1 iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1 cup snap peas, ends trimmed
- 2 tins of butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 – 6 anchovy fillets (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of capers (or use 1/4 cup of olives if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1.Put the eggs in a panful of cold water, bring to the boil and let bubble for 7 minutes. Remove eggs from water and place in a bowl under running cold water.
- 2.Add snap peas to hot water for 1 minute. Drain water and run under cold water briefly.
- 3.Break iceberg lettuce into a salad bowl. Add tomatoes, red onion, snap peas, butter beans, capers (or olives), anchovy (if using) and tuna.
- 4.Peel the boiled eggs, gently cut in half and place on top of the salad. Serve with the dressing.